Monday, March 28, 2016

USA - Lancaster, PA

I will start by saying that I have been to Lancaster before, but not as a tourist. I remember going with family when I was little, but I don't remember much aside from being obsessed with horse and buggies and the bonnets that the girls wore.

Before planning the trip, Ninni had mentioned that she was moving home to Finland. She wanted to plan a short road trip with myself, Eri, and Kanako. It would be her pre-sendoff party. Eri found us a place to stay, we set a date and drove out to Amish country.

We caught the last hour of the Lancaster Central Market and bought various cheeses, meats, fruits, and veggies for our dinner. In short, it was a smaller Reading Terminal Market, for those who have visited the Philadelphia market. From here, we made our way to the Airbnb that we had booked.


We stayed in an AirBnB for the night. I cannot recommend the loft that we stayed in enough. It's in a lovely location that is centrally located between Lancaster City, and Strasburg. The family didn't bother us and it really felt like our own place. It is part of a renovated old barn that they turned into a carriage house.

As writers, Ninni and I swooned over the desk that stored itself under the staircase. I sat quietly in the morning and typed away while drinking some complementary tea provided by our hosts.

 
Photo Credit: Eri for the pictures of me.
We ended up spending a great deal more time in Strasburg. There were fantastic antique shops, cafes, and restaurants. While we went to Lancaster with the intension of being tourists...I loath tourist traps. Finding our way to Strasburg was a pleasant surprise filled with heritage, warmth, and homemade ice-cream.

My personal favorite stop was to Java Junction. (I will forever have regrets about not trying their Loaded Potato Soup.) They were a welcoming staff, they had a wonderful menu for lunch. I would say that they are a great local Lancaster/Strasburg stop if you're on a budget!

   
After our day of exploring we spent time back at our charming Airbnb and feasted on the food we purchased at the market earlier that day and had an amazing nights sleep.

Our Lancaster stay-over was fun, yet relaxing. The four of us work daily in center city, Philadelphia so it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle. 

BUDGET:
Budget wise, we spent $70 each for the whole trip.
This included the cost of travel, stay, food purchased, and meals out.

CAMERA: a7sii, iPhone 6
LENS: 24-70mm f2.8
ADAPTER: Metabones
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Images

Created with flickr badge.